Effective: September 29, 2009
1. Definitions and Background Information
Humid Beings provides a website (the “Humid Beings website”) that enables registered users (“Humid Beings Members”) to create profiles and upload content on the Humid Beings website.
2. Types of Personal Information You Provide; Collection, Retention, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Types of Personal Information You Provide:
- You must register for a Humid Beings Username to become a Humid Beings Member and create a Profile. When you register for a Humid Beings Username, you are required to provide certain Personal Information, including your name, email address, year of birth, gender, city, state, and country and a password that you select. Within your Profile you may also provide a photo. Except for your password and email address, the information in your Profile will be displayed to other Humid Beings Members. Please note, all Personal Information in your Humid Beings Profile will be accessible by Humid Beings. The Personal Information in your My Profile Page (except your password and email address) may be accessed by all Humid Beings Members who browse the Humid Beings website. You also may have other opportunities to voluntarily provide Personal Information to Humid Beings. For example, if you contact us to provide feedback or request support we collect your email address and other Personal Information that you provide.
Collection of Personal Information:
- Humid Beings collects all Personal Information that you disclose to Humid Beings in your use of the Humid Beings website.
Retention of Personal Information:
- Humid Beings will keep your Personal Information if your delete your profile. However, your deleted Profile will no longer be accessible to other Humid Beings members, or visitors to the website.
Use of Personal Information:
- Humid Beings will use Personal Information in the following ways:
- to operate and maintain the Humid Beings website and other Humid Beings services and systems
- to develop new products and services
- to prevent abusive and fraudulent use of the Humid Beings website and other services and systems
- to personalize and display Humid Beings advertisements and/or other Content on the Humid Beings website
- to send emails regarding administrative issues
- to send emails regarding information on Pages, Content, and Humid Beings services in which we believe you may be interested based on your Profile; and
- for other administrative and internal business purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information by Humid Beings:
Humid Beings will not sell email addresses and other information. In addition, Humid Beings will not share Personal Information with third parties except in the limited circumstances described below. Please be aware, however, that any information that you voluntarily choose to display on any available portion of the Humid Beings website becomes available to the public. This Personal Information may be collected and used by Humid Beings or other third parties without restriction. The limited circumstances in which Humid Beings would share Personal Information include:
- Services Provided by Third Parties: Humid Beings may provide Personal Information to third parties for their use in performing internal business functions (e.g., payment processing, maintenance, security, data analysis, or data hosting) on our behalf.
- Legal Requirements: Humid Beings may be forced to disclose Personal Information if required by a subpoena or a judicial or administrative order or otherwise required by law. Additionally, Humid Beings may disclose Personal Information where we, in good faith, deem it appropriate or necessary to prevent violation of the Humid Beings Terms of Service, or our other agreements; take precautions against liability; protect the rights, property, or safety of Humid Beings, any individual, or the general public; maintain and protect the security and integrity of our services or infrastructure; protect ourselves and our services from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; or assist government enforcement agencies.
Disclosure of Personal Information by You:
If you choose to disclose Personal Information when you post Content, Humid Beings will not be responsible for the Personal Information you disclose.
3. Editing, Updating or Deleting Personal Information
At any time, a Humid Beings Member may edit, update or delete Personal Information that he or she provides to Humid Beings. Additionally, a Humid Beings Member may terminate his or her Humid Beings Username and account at any time.
Please note that Personal Information that has been deleted or updated may be retained in the Humid Beings system. However, this Personal Information will not be made accessible to the public.
4. Passive Data Collection
Like most web-based services, Humid Beings automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser when you use the Humid Beings website. Humid Beings may use a variety of methods, including clear GIFs (also known as “web beacons”), and “cookies” to collect this information. The information that Humid Beings collects with these automated methods may include, for example, your IP address, Humid Beings cookie information, a unique device or user ID, browser type, system type, the content and pages that you access on the Humid Beings website, and the “referring URL” (i.e., the page from which you navigated to the Humid Beings website).
Websites visited before visiting Humid Beings might place Personal Information within the URL of your browser during a visit to that previous website. Humid Beings may unintentionally collect that information as part of referring URL information that it collects.
5. Public access to your Profile
Others who use the Humid Beings website, including Humid Beings Members or non-members, may access any Personal Information within your Profile (except your password and email address).
6. Third Party Advertisers
Humid Beings allows third party companies to post advertisements within pages on the Humid Beings website. These third parties will include but not be limited to businesses and ad servers or ad networks.
Businesses will use the technology provided by Humid Beings to post advertisements on the Humid Beings pages. These businesses will have access to any Personal Information within your Profile (except your password and email address).
Humid Beings will not provide your Personal Information to the ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, Humid Beings is not responsible for your disclosure of personal information when you respond to an advertisement placed by a third party.
7. Security of Personal Information
Humid Beings will make good faith and reasonable efforts to maintain the security of your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will remain free from use, disclosure or alteration by unauthorized persons. Further, Humid Beings will not assume any liability to third parties whose information is posted by a Humid Beings Member. To prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your Personal Information, please keep your password secure.
If we receive information that unauthorized persons have accessed your Personal Information, we will notify you via email. If a security breach occurs systemwide, Humid Beings may post a notice on the Humid Beings homepage (www.Humid Beings.com), or on other Humid Beings pages and may send email to all Humid Beings Members.
Any Personal Information you provide on third-party sites is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing security. Humid Beings is not responsible for the security practices and policies of third-party sites to which links are displayed on the Humid Beings website.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. Any person who provides Personal Information through the Humid Beings website represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older. Humid Beings will not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 13, except as permitted by law. Upon notice to Humid Beings that a user under the age of 13 has submitted Personal information, Humid Beings will delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Humid Beings Member, please contact us at privacy@Humid Beings.com. We will terminate the child’s account and delete the child’s Personal Information.
9. Email Communications and Unsolicited Commercial Email
We may need to send administrative messages or updates via email regarding your Humid Beings account, the Humid Beings website, and Humid Beings’ products and services. The Terms of Service prohibit other Humid Beings Members from engaging in any activity involving the sending of commercial email in violation of applicable law, including but not limited to the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (“CAN-SPAM”). Violations of these policies will result in immediate termination of the account.
In the event that Humid Beings creates Networks, Humid Beings will offer email masking and relay when Members choose to communicate with other Members on Networks to reduce third party email harvesting of email addresses for purposes of sending unsolicited commercial email (“spamming”).
10. International Users
11. Ownership Transfer, Mergers and Acquisitions and Personal Information
In the event that Humid Beings transfers ownership, merges with, is acquired by or sold to another entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of your Personal Information to that entity. We will use reasonable efforts to notify Humid Beings Members either by posting a notice on the home page (www.HumidBeings.com) or by emailing Humid Beings Members or both.
13. Contacting Humid Beings
You may also write to us at:
329 Julia Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Attn: Privacy Matters
Copyright Â© 2009 Humid Beings.