August 6th, 2010
Thanks to the open travel policy, getting a Vietnam Visa is now much easier than ever before. Below is our compilation for changes in visa procedures for Vietnam in 2009.
1. – Russian citizens are now exempted from Vietnamese visa for 15 days from January 1, 2009, this will be applicable for Russian ordinary passport holders regardless of the purpose of their visit.
2. – An agreement between Vietnam and Cambodia Government allowing Cambodian and Vietnamese citizens to cross the border between the two countries without a visa will be extended from January 1 to allow visits of up to 30 days (15 days more).
3. – Visa extension now can be done directly at Vietnam Immigration office, either in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City:
Ha Noi : 40A Hang Bai, Hanoi, Tel: 8266200
Ho Chi Minh : 161 Nguyen Du, Ho Chi Minh City, Tel: 8299398.
4. – From late August 2009, 6 months to 1 year visa is no longer issued, the maximum length of stay one can apply is a 3 month visa.
5. – Temporary resident card: Any foreigner working legally in Viet Nam for one year is eligible to get a temporary resident card. Though it is not a new thing for 2009, we find it useful to anyone who has not known about this before.The rule says that if the foreigner is a member of his/her organization’s board of directors or an investor, he/she does not have to have a work permit but only the business license granted by the city’s Planning and Investment Department and the paper that proves his/her position. You now can get it directly without a need to contact a travel agent. You are advised to go to the office at 161 Nguyen Du Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, to get specific instruction.
Total Posts: 1 (show recent)
5 changes in visa application and Immigration procedure for Vietnam in 2009
1698 days ago
Posts in 2010: