Technology & Science
September 5th, 2009
For all my NOLA Twitterheads out there, don’t you hate the days when Twitter decides to go down and the “infamous whale” decides to show himself/herself?
FYI…For those of you who have been fortunate enough to not have your life touched by the fail whale, here is a quick definition! When twitter gets overloaded it employs a period of downtime and leaves a message almost as vicious as the Blue Screen of Death! “Twitter is over capacity. Too many tweets! Please wait a moment and try again” Accompanying this dirty little message is a whale held up by a flock of birds, sent to mock those twitter addicts in the world.
I compiled a list of things you can do when the madness appears…
- Switch to Facebook and aggravate your friends with constant updates
- Actually do some work (I know I’m pushing it with this one, specifically since everyone is a Bio-Social Media Engineer, just because they use twitter… Twitter is their job!)
- Scream “when will this madness stop!”
- Drive to the French Quarters for some beignets (Check your twitter application on your phone, once you licked all the powder off your fingers)
- Take a walk in City Park (Just hope you see someone from your Follow List)
- Go to your favorite bar and ask for the Fail Whale Martini (1 part Absolute, 1 part Cointreau, 1 part Blue Curacao, Lime Slice; Pour over ice and mix in a shaker, serve in martini glasses)
- Talk to all your Twitter friends via Blackberry Messenger
- Put @ in front every name you speak and RT things they say, out loud
- Make a list of genius things you will say when Twitter is back up
- Think of your next big #hastag (Who doesn’t want to be a Hashtag Superstar?; hashdump.com is the coolness , btw)
- Visit a snowball stand, when your tongue is completely red; hopefully Twitter will be back up!
- Check out some books at Borders on St. Charles (Hey! There is wifi you can always check to see if twitter is back up!)
- Maybe take the traditional route….. call someone that’s if you actually remember what a “phone number is”
- If all else fail…. Log onto MySpace (If you can actually remember your password)
Twouble with Twitter
No related posts.
Read the original post